Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max & Carplay

Having an issue with car play and my iPhone 12 Pro Max. Have a 2021 Peugeot 3008.

Using car play via usb, I start a journey listening to music and within no more than a few minutes the music stops playing through the car and then starts coming out of the phone. Ask Siri to Play music and it comes back through the car again.

Plug my daughters 2020 IPhone SE in and don’t have the same problem.

I’ve unpaired the phone from the car, no use. Any ideas?

Posted on May 13, 2022 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 1:36 PM

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2022 1:36 PM in response to Fireplace_bhm

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

iPhone 12 Pro Max & Carplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.