Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting an imessage

Hello World,

I have an issue with iMessage being that when I delete a message on one device it should have deleted on the other device belonging to the same cloud, however it does not, and the deleting in iMessage is a lifelong process if you have like spam spamming you with crap all day,

therefore I need to know if there is a fix or what is the current situation of syncing messages in the ecosystem for iMessage like.

Thank you

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 13, 2022 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 1:27 PM

Double check that you have iCloud messages sync turned on in System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina or later) and in Settings/Your Name/iCloud.

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina or later) and stop Messages syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off syncing. Wait a few minutes and then slide syncing on. Allow time for syncing to occur.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud, restarting, and then signing back in?.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2022 1:27 PM in response to kesha891

Double check that you have iCloud messages sync turned on in System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina or later) and in Settings/Your Name/iCloud.

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina or later) and stop Messages syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off syncing. Wait a few minutes and then slide syncing on. Allow time for syncing to occur.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud, restarting, and then signing back in?.

May 14, 2022 6:55 AM in response to Eric Root

I just spoke to the agent who told me it takes 4 hours and a stable internet for servers to update and than to sync on all the devices of the ecosystem, this is far away from the true reason I believe because I send and receive text and iMessages in milliseconds but what's the issue with deleting and updating is it. too much magic for me to see?!

deleting an imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.