Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email that seems to be from Apple saying my subscription to Apple Music. It came after I bought a new ipad.

I never ordered this and the instructions for how to cancel don't seem to work. Is this something Apple does? Give you a free subscription then charge you if you don't cancel? It may have been spam or worse. I won't click on anything in the email for that reason. Regardless I do not want an Apple Music or any paid subscriptions from Apple. Please advise.

iPad, 15

Posted on May 13, 2022 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 4:02 PM

Subscriptions are listed in Settings > [Your Name] > Subscriptions. If there is no cancel button for Apple Music you don't have a subscription. If you have never subscribed before you could be eligible for a one month free trial.

2 replies

May 14, 2022 7:51 AM in response to picas

Thank you. That is what I would have expected. However when I go to subscriptions I find Apple Music, Arcade, and News all have fine print saying they will renew automatically until June 2022. And no cancel button. No email address or phone number to contact to dispute or cancel.. Just this labyrinth “ask the community” site. Reputable companies should not have to trick customers into buying or subscribing. And why make it so hard and time consuming to say “no”. This is BS. I guess I’ll just dispute the charges with my credit card company if they put it through.

Email that seems to be from Apple saying my subscription to Apple Music. It came after I bought a new ipad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.