Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock

I was using my Iphone 7plus with my Apple ID but after I updated it IOS 15.4 it entered activation lock asking for an account that has been blocked by apple (the account is owned by the previous owner of the phone). She had forgotten some information about the account and i tried to reclaim the account and I was told by apply that the account does not exist. Please I need someone to help me reclaim my phone and get through this activation lock.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on May 14, 2022 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2022 11:45 AM

If the previous owner is  the original owner, have them contact Apple. Apple can remove the ID  if provided the required paperwork to include the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it. 

Request additional support for unlocking your device.    -

You used to be able to take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store (if it has reopened) and have them remove the ID. This may have changed, so call the store before going to make sure they can help.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple.  

If they can't do the above, the phone is worthless.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2022 11:45 AM in response to Zombie1252

If the previous owner is  the original owner, have them contact Apple. Apple can remove the ID  if provided the required paperwork to include the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it. 

Request additional support for unlocking your device.    -

You used to be able to take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store (if it has reopened) and have them remove the ID. This may have changed, so call the store before going to make sure they can help.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple.  

If they can't do the above, the phone is worthless.

Activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.