Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change the primary iCloud email address associated with an Apple ID?

I have a situation where my wife's primary iCloud email address associated with her Apple ID instead of . I don't know how this happened and now I can't find a way to delete the current email address and have her set up a new, correct one.

Any help most appreciated to get me out of the dog house!

[Email Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 12

Posted on May 14, 2022 10:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2022 12:55 PM

I was afraid that might be the case. I can understand that you can’t change the name associated with an Apple ID, but not sure why Apple doesn’t let you change a primary iCloud email. I’ll try the alias option. Thanks for your help!

Similar questions

8 replies

May 15, 2022 1:31 AM in response to toddo2

Once an Apple ID is created the first and last name can't be changed , its permanent .

However an alias can be created for it Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Note: You can’t delete or turn off a primary iCloud Mail address. You can’t use an alias to create a separate Apple ID, and an email alias can’t be converted to a primary iCloud Mail address.

May 14, 2022 10:48 PM in response to toddo2

toddo2 Said:

"My post above was edited so the question is not clear anymore. To clarify, my wife's iCloud email got set. up with the wrong name, and I am trying to find a way to fix that so she can have an iCloud email of her choosing associated with her Apple ID. Sorry for the confusion and appreciate any help!!"

-------

For Account Assistance, Contact Apple Store Support:

You need to contact Apple Support Directly. This is a User-to-User forum. We are all volunteers. So, as you may suspect, no one here has access to that information — and that is a good thing, BTW. That’s why for Account Assistance, you need to contact Apple SupportThey’ll see what’s going on and will run you through the fix.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

May 15, 2022 6:12 PM in response to toddo2

toddo2 Said:

"How can I change the primary iCloud email address associated with an Apple ID?: Thanks. I’ll try that though not easy to find a phone number. I don’t mind holding on the line so long as I get good help!"

-------

Contacting Apple:

There is no direct eMail address for Apple Support. However, perform a chat session, or call them.

A. Perform a Chat Session:

Keep selecting topics until you get to one that reads "Chat"

Setting Up the Chat Session:

1. Go to: support.apple.com
  2. Scroll Down to "Tell us how we can help"
  3. Select: Get Support
  4. Proceed from there as Necessary

B. In the U.S.?: (800)MY-APPLE

May 14, 2022 10:37 PM in response to toddo2

My post above was edited so the question is not clear anymore. To clarify, my wife's iCloud email got set. up with the wrong name, and I am trying to find a way to fix that so she can have an iCloud email of her choosing associated with her Apple ID.

Sorry for the confusion and appreciate any help!!

How can I change the primary iCloud email address associated with an Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.