You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change icloud email adress

Hi all,

For a long time I shared my iCloud account with my wife (from the times family sharing didn't exist) so she could enjoy some of the apps that I had bought.

Problem is, she accidentally created the iCloud account with her name, being e.g: wife.wifey@icloud.com

Is there a way I can change that email account? so it'd be something like husband@icloud.com?

Thanks in advance,

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 11:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 12:05 PM

See the thread https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250654472

You can sign out her Apple ID account from system preferences > iCloud and then sign in with your Apple ID .

a ) Open system preferences > click on iCloud and click on sign out , you can see a window stating do you want to keep a copy of your iCloud data on this Mac before signing out ? The boxes iCloud Drive , contacts , calendars , reminders are checked by default - so click on keep a copy . A pop up window will appear are you sure you want to stop updating and continue with sign out ( any documents not updated to iCloud Drive , will be moved to a folder named “ iCloud Drive archive in your home folder on this Mac ) so don’t click on “ cancel “ but " click on continue with sign out ."

A pop up window will appear . Do you want to keep a copy of safari passwords on this Mac ?

( 1 ) Delete from Mac ( 2 ) cancel ( 3 ) keep on Mac .So its optional you can select keep on Mac or click on delete from Mac ( as some users write down the safari passwords in a safe place and they can autofill it again . )

( b ) It will prompt enter the Apple ID password for mail address to turn off find my Mac , so enter your Apple ID password and click on continue , a small circle will rotate , be patient .

In the upcoming screen shot delete the Apple ID completely from the box .

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 22, 2019 12:05 PM in response to sanchesmr

See the thread https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250654472

You can sign out her Apple ID account from system preferences > iCloud and then sign in with your Apple ID .

a ) Open system preferences > click on iCloud and click on sign out , you can see a window stating do you want to keep a copy of your iCloud data on this Mac before signing out ? The boxes iCloud Drive , contacts , calendars , reminders are checked by default - so click on keep a copy . A pop up window will appear are you sure you want to stop updating and continue with sign out ( any documents not updated to iCloud Drive , will be moved to a folder named “ iCloud Drive archive in your home folder on this Mac ) so don’t click on “ cancel “ but " click on continue with sign out ."

A pop up window will appear . Do you want to keep a copy of safari passwords on this Mac ?

( 1 ) Delete from Mac ( 2 ) cancel ( 3 ) keep on Mac .So its optional you can select keep on Mac or click on delete from Mac ( as some users write down the safari passwords in a safe place and they can autofill it again . )

( b ) It will prompt enter the Apple ID password for mail address to turn off find my Mac , so enter your Apple ID password and click on continue , a small circle will rotate , be patient .

In the upcoming screen shot delete the Apple ID completely from the box .

Change icloud email adress

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.