Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing my wife's email address

I now have an AppleOne subscription with iCloud+.

Years ago, when we set up my Apple iCloud Family, I made an account for my less technically literate wife. To simplify things, I wanted to keep her down to one email address, so her Apple ID is her Gmail account.

Now everyone in the family can use email aliases and other nice iCloud+ email features except my wife. Is there any way to convert her AppleID to have an icloud.com email address?

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 11:17 AM

Hello

Sincerely

To do this procedure, you must create the iCloud account one month in advance

later, you must free that account, changing the email address, for another that ends in any other domain

This will be so that the account@icloud.com, is free, and, available to be used with your wife's Apple ID

then follow these steps

To change your appleID

You will not lose access to your contacts, purchases or other account information.

Go to

appleid.apple.com

and log in.

two.

In the Account section, select Edit.

Choose "Change Apple ID."

Four.

Enter the email address you want to use.

Select Continue.

If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, find the email that includes the verification code and enter it.

If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share content with friends and co-workers,

sign in to those services with updated Apple ID

If you try to change your Apple ID to an email address ending in @ icloud.com created in the past 30 days, you may be asked to try again later.

If you see a message that the email address you want to use is not available or is already in use, check that you or a family member is not using that address with another Apple ID. If a family member uses that email address,

delete it

from her account and try to use it.

check the following resource

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2022 11:17 AM in response to amp68

Hello

Sincerely

To do this procedure, you must create the iCloud account one month in advance

later, you must free that account, changing the email address, for another that ends in any other domain

This will be so that the account@icloud.com, is free, and, available to be used with your wife's Apple ID

then follow these steps

To change your appleID

You will not lose access to your contacts, purchases or other account information.

Go to

appleid.apple.com

and log in.

two.

In the Account section, select Edit.

Choose "Change Apple ID."

Four.

Enter the email address you want to use.

Select Continue.

If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, find the email that includes the verification code and enter it.

If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share content with friends and co-workers,

sign in to those services with updated Apple ID

If you try to change your Apple ID to an email address ending in @ icloud.com created in the past 30 days, you may be asked to try again later.

If you see a message that the email address you want to use is not available or is already in use, check that you or a family member is not using that address with another Apple ID. If a family member uses that email address,

delete it

from her account and try to use it.

check the following resource

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Changing my wife's email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.