Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a 2020 macbook air and for some reason i can not now see pdf attachments on email whilst if i look on my iphone 12 i can see them - help please

i have a 2020 macbook air and for some reason I can'

t now see pdf attachments on email whilst if i look on my iphone 12 i can see them - any thoughts? help please

Posted on May 15, 2022 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2022 7:41 AM

thanks Danakayw,

I spoke this morning to a couple of Apple support staff and I first of al reinstalled Monterey - no change the second advisor went through other solutions and in the end we realised that it was the way the MacBook was seeing the pdf's, they were there I just had to click on the paper clip which then opened a tab with no of attachments and then I could open them by saving them to the desktop etc etc . Its only from one sender so I know now how to view them! Thanks for replying

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2022 7:41 AM in response to danakayw

thanks Danakayw,

I spoke this morning to a couple of Apple support staff and I first of al reinstalled Monterey - no change the second advisor went through other solutions and in the end we realised that it was the way the MacBook was seeing the pdf's, they were there I just had to click on the paper clip which then opened a tab with no of attachments and then I could open them by saving them to the desktop etc etc . Its only from one sender so I know now how to view them! Thanks for replying

May 16, 2022 7:34 AM in response to Zurcloure

Hi there Zurcloure,

Since they show up on your other device, we know they are still there. That's a good start. Did they show on your Mac before?

Let's check your available storage: Free up storage space on your Mac

If needed, make more space available and test Mail for PDF's again.

If the issue continues, let us know more details, if you can. We'll use that information to determine the next steps.

Take care.

i have a 2020 macbook air and for some reason i can not now see pdf attachments on email whilst if i look on my iphone 12 i can see them - help please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.