Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Monterey 12.3.1 Message not delivered

I am unable to send messages to a contact. The blue message bubbles already sent have turned green.

I get repeatedly : Message send failure.

Your message was not sent. 

Click Try Again to send this message.

I have restarted the Mac, no change.

Mac mini, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 15, 2022 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2022 7:02 AM

hoquet wrote:

I am unable to send messages to a contact. The blue message bubbles already sent have turned green.

Verify your Messages>Preferences>

enable SMS

Messages User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2022 7:02 AM in response to hoquet

hoquet wrote:

Verify your Messages>Preferences>

enable SMS

Messages User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

May 17, 2022 2:29 AM in response to hoquet

hoquet wrote:

Many thanks for the helpful info. I don't use this forum much because things mostly work fine. I had no idea there was a recognition system. But I did wonder how to get from Level 1 to Level 9 !! I'll work on it...

Welcome 😃

Do come back to the Apple Support Communities ( ASC )  in the future, if / or when additional questions may arise

One can also just pock around on the Forums to see what is happening and contribute too.

That is what I have done over the many years and learned a lot ( still learning daily ).

Encourage you to do the same

May 16, 2022 1:32 PM in response to PRP_53

P Phillips : thanks for trying to help.

Not irrelevant because I did not mark it as solved. I have no idea how to do that. It wasn't solved until late this afternoon.

I believe it was leroydouglas who marked the problem as solved after sending the response : "Verify your Messages>Preferences> enable SMS".

But I had already done that, among other things, and it had not worked.

Anyway, I investigated the problem further today and found that the recipient had actually changed carrier and the phone number was in the process of being transferred. In the meantime the phone had been allocated a temporary number. The transfer of the number is now complete and everything is working properly.

So now it is solved.

MacOS Monterey 12.3.1 Message not delivered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.