Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone is in security lockout now what

My iphone 7+ is in security lockout and i cannot do anything. i forgot my passcode and it compeltely locked me out

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on May 15, 2022 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 4:21 AM

This is some serious bullshit. My phone randomly went into security lockout while I slept!!!

3 replies

May 15, 2022 11:51 AM in response to pickysommer

The only way to disable security lockout is to factory reset your iPhone. Click 'Erase iPhone' on the bottom right corner of the screen and input your Apple ID.

If you forgot your Apple ID, here's a much more complicated route but will 100% erase your iPhone. You must have a macbook, windows laptop/pc for this.

Turn off your iPhone (hold down power button) and slide the power off slider. Then hold down both volume down and power button until you see the recovery mode screen. Connet your iPhone to the computer and make sure iTunes is installed from the official apple website. (link: Apple - Support - Downloads) Now once you install iTunes, open it (make sure your device is connected), then ignore the first popup (click X or cancel).

Click 'Restore iPhone' and a popup should show up, then click Restore and Update and now you're all finished!

DON'T DISCONNECT IPHONE WHILE FACTORY RESETTING AS IT MAY BRICK THE IPHONE! KEEP YOUR MACBOOK OR LAPTOP CHARGING AT ALL TIME WHILE DOING THIS PROCESS.

my iphone is in security lockout now what

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.