Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging Port

I got gum/something sticky in my charging port. It will not come out when i try to blow, or use a bent back saftey pin or vacuum. I scheduled an apppointment with apple, and I have a limited warranty that comes with the phone. Will apple be able to remove the substance at no cost, and if they have to replace the port will it be covered by my limited warranty that comes with the phone?

iPhone 13

Posted on May 15, 2022 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2022 6:15 PM

To simply put -NO

The Apple Limited Warranty covers your Apple Display and its accessories against manufacturing defects for one year from the date you bought your product. The Apple Limited Warranty is in addition to rights provided by consumer law.

This warranty doesn't cover damage caused by accidents or unauthorized modifications.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2022 6:15 PM in response to theor--

To simply put -NO

The Apple Limited Warranty covers your Apple Display and its accessories against manufacturing defects for one year from the date you bought your product. The Apple Limited Warranty is in addition to rights provided by consumer law.

This warranty doesn't cover damage caused by accidents or unauthorized modifications.

May 15, 2022 7:48 PM in response to theor--

You never know what they might do as a courtesy fix. I have personally gone to an Apple Store and got something fixed that was from a boneheaded decision, where only taking apart an iPhone would remove a foreign object (if a SIM card is a foreign object) improperly inserted into the SIM card slot without the tray.

Not sure if removing debris from a port is something they would do though. Can you see what it is? A lot of people gently use toothpicks and maybe spray dusters. I haven't really heard of Apple doing that as a courtesy though.

Charging Port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.