Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will iCloud back up external HDD connected to my iMac?

will icloud back up external hard drives connected to my imac?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 15, 2022 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2022 12:58 AM

No , iCloud won't back up external hard drives connected to Mac see the article Other ways to back up and restore files - Apple Support

Cloud-based services don't require you to connect an external hard drive to your Mac. For example, iCloud can automatically store your photoscalendarscontactsnotespasswords, and more. And it includes iCloud Drive, which can store documents, desktop files, and other files of your choosing. To access those files, you just need to be signed in to iCloud. Other cloud-based services are available from third parties.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2022 12:58 AM in response to 4231NadaDeNada

No , iCloud won't back up external hard drives connected to Mac see the article Other ways to back up and restore files - Apple Support

Cloud-based services don't require you to connect an external hard drive to your Mac. For example, iCloud can automatically store your photoscalendarscontactsnotespasswords, and more. And it includes iCloud Drive, which can store documents, desktop files, and other files of your choosing. To access those files, you just need to be signed in to iCloud. Other cloud-based services are available from third parties.

Will iCloud back up external HDD connected to my iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.