Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

(Solution) Iphone 12 pro max microphone issue fixed

Hi guys,

I noticed that a lot of you guys are still struggling with your Iphone 12 pro max’s microphone issues which makes choppy sound when you’re making video calls either via FaceTime, Facebook messenger whatever video call apps out there.

I know I’m super late to this topic but I’m hopping this could helps anyone out there who got the same issues with their Iphone 12th specifically.

Here is my story:

I bought my Iphone 12 Pro Max new on February 2021 and quickly found out few days after that its microphone makes choppy sounds in the other end, every person I called via FaceTime told me the same thing that they couldn’t hear my voice clearly, the voice is breaking up after just couple minutes. At first I just thought it got something to do with the wifi connection then I switched to 4G, still happened. Normal phone call works fine, back camera microphone works fine too.

I did some research online and found out there are a lot of people got the same problem like my phone. At the time, I didn’t use video call too often so it didn’t bothers me so much but right before the phones warranty runs out, I had to move to another city for work. Since I gotta move far away from my family and friends, video call is essential so I decided to take my Iphone to Apple store to have it fix as I still got 1 month of warranty left.

I told them I noticed the issue right after I opened the box. After spent 45mins in Apple Store in Doncaster Australia (where I live), they tried to diagnose the problem but couldn’t find out what happens with its microphone. So at the end, they ended up replaced the whole display (the microphone is placed under and attached to the screen display, there is no way to just replace the microphone itself). Since then the issue is fixed, now video call works like champs.

my best guess is I bought the Iphone which unfortunately in a batch that got the defective microphone.

So yeah, i just want to share my experience with who is still struggling with the issue. Thumbs up to Apple Store Australia (Doncaster) to help me fixed the issue and gave me extra 2 years of warranty for the new screen display.

Hope this helps. Thanks for reading.

Have a wonderful day

Posted on May 16, 2022 12:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2022 12:47 AM

You can answer your own question and mark your answer as "solved" afterwards, so other users can find your post faster, by using the search function in these forums.

Similar questions

4 replies

(Solution) Iphone 12 pro max microphone issue fixed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.