Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

warranty LIES

why in the **** would i pay 300$ to repair my ipad screen when in reality they just give u an old used one instead. and wouldnt even engrave it like the origanal ipad. at this point i may as well buy an entire new ipad. apple is a joke.

Posted on May 16, 2022 2:10 AM

4 replies

May 16, 2022 4:56 AM in response to cam_3

No, they give you a service replacement unit which may be refurbished (not use) or may be new, there is no way for anyone to tell. Apple doesn't do piecemeal repairs on the iPad, economically it is not a valid approach for them. It is up to you as to whether you want to buy a new one. And this is not much different from any other tablet manufacturers.

May 16, 2022 8:22 AM in response to cam_3

Before you accuse someone of lying, you need to do some research for actual facts: here is a link to the US iPad warranty which includes this sentence:

repair the Apple Product using new or previously used Apple genuine parts that have been tested and passed Apple functional requirements,

from here:

Legal - Hardware Warranties - Apple

All warranties for most products include the same/similar verbiage from most manufacturers.

May 16, 2022 6:46 AM in response to cam_3

This is what you get, although it may have a 90-day warranty on a replacement unit:

18 months ago I needed battery service on an iPad 5 wifi 128GB. I dropped off the old one at a UPS Store on a Friday morning and the replacement unit was in my hand via FedEx before noon the following Wednesday, The unit was perfect--not a scratch--and works flawlessly with ling battery runtime.

warranty LIES

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.