Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Battery Health Drain

My battery health on my iPhone 13 Pro has dropped 3% in the last month (1% from yesterday to today). I’ve had the phone since launch and I take very good care of it so this doesn’t happen.

Yes, I understand how batteries work and degrade over time. I assume this seemingly rapid drain is normal and just due to the warmer environments my phone has been in but I’m wondering if anyone else has had this happen??

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on May 16, 2022 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2022 3:15 PM

That's been about 7 months or so since the launch date. 96% seems pretty reasonable. Probably better than average. However, battery capacity doesn't necessarily drop all at once. What happens is that the updates seem to happen at times that can't be predicted. It's not unusual for the value to stay steady for months, then suddenly catch up.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2022 3:15 PM in response to SyllableX

That's been about 7 months or so since the launch date. 96% seems pretty reasonable. Probably better than average. However, battery capacity doesn't necessarily drop all at once. What happens is that the updates seem to happen at times that can't be predicted. It's not unusual for the value to stay steady for months, then suddenly catch up.

May 16, 2022 3:14 PM in response to SyllableX

The expected decrease in battery capacity is about 1% a month. However, the display is not linear Sometimes, it stays the same for weeks or months then drops two or three points. Also, if you install an update to iOS (as you might have done today), the setting will be recalibrated. Given that your phone is at least seven months old, 96% is perfectly fine. Apple considers the battery fit for use until it drops below 80%. Check it again about a month before the end of your warranty. Other than that, there's little to be gained by checking it.

iPhone Battery Health Drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.