Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can you still freeze header rows and columns in PAGES on ipad pro? If so, how?

PAGES on ipad pro doesn’t seem to have a feature where, if you create a table, there is no feature to ‘freeze header rows and columns’. Did they take that feature away? Or did they hide it in some obscure area. If there is a way to freeze header row and columns , i would appreciate your help figuring it out. Thank you

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 16, 2022 5:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2022 6:15 PM

It is still available -- see the following from Add or remove rows and columns in Numbers on iPad - Apple Support

You can freeze header rows or columns so they’re always visible as you scroll the spreadsheet.

1. Tap the table, tap , tap Table, then tap Headers & Footer.
  2. Do any of the following:
    • Add or delete headers and footers: Tap  next to a header or footer category.
    • Freeze header rows or columns: Turn Freeze Rows or Freeze Columns on or off.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2022 6:15 PM in response to AdaraRoze

It is still available -- see the following from Add or remove rows and columns in Numbers on iPad - Apple Support

You can freeze header rows or columns so they’re always visible as you scroll the spreadsheet.

1. Tap the table, tap , tap Table, then tap Headers & Footer.
  2. Do any of the following:
    • Add or delete headers and footers: Tap  next to a header or footer category.
    • Freeze header rows or columns: Turn Freeze Rows or Freeze Columns on or off.

Jun 20, 2022 1:27 PM in response to AdaraRoze

Note that my response was for Numbers, not Pages that you mentioned in your original post.

Sorry, I can't test Numbers 14.8 (although I don't believe it has changed) but I just tested in iPadOS 15.5 the option is there -- in mine it is in the second screenshot dropdown immediately below the "Header Rows" and below the "Header Columns."

All iPad Pros can be updated to 15.5.

If you don't want to update or if updating doesn't resolve the issue, you may want to contact Apple Support. There is a Get Support link at the top right of this page.

can you still freeze header rows and columns in PAGES on ipad pro? If so, how?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.