Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LBC on HomePod 2022

"Hey Siri play LBC Manchester" used to work fine. But since May it plays LBC News instead.

Also, "Hey Siri play LBC", "... play LBC radio", "... play LBC UK" not working either.

"... play LBC London" returns "You need to subscribe to Apple Music."

Any idea? Any work around?

Posted on May 16, 2022 11:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 11:07 AM

I was going to suggest trying "Hey Siri, play LBC Manchester, provided by TuneIn", however when I searched for LBC Manchester I got this page - https://tunein.com/radio/LBC-Manchester-s288808/ - which suggests the station is no longer available.

tt2

Similar questions

4 replies

May 18, 2022 6:33 AM in response to Pundt

Hello Pundt,

Thank you for posting to Apple Support Communities.

If you’re experiencing issues with using Siri on your HomePod, often updating will help resolve this. Take a look at these steps:

The Home app on iOS with Software Update highlighted.  
1. Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or macOS
2. Open the Home app. Select Home , then Home Settings > Software Update.
3. Select HomePod to turn automatic updates on or off. If there's a new update, select Update. Software Update will also tell you if your HomePod is already up to date, and show you the installed HomePod software.

A white spinning light appears on the top of HomePod while it's updating. The update might take some time. Make sure that your HomePod stays plugged in while it's updating. 

This information is provided in Update HomePod.

If those steps don’t help, we have additional steps you can try to help improve Siri's responses with the guidance here: If HomePod mini or HomePod isn't responding

Please let us know the result.

Cheers.

LBC on HomePod 2022

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.