Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fail to boot Windows 10 from external SSD on Mac Mini Late 2012

Hi,

I have OS X Mountain Lion installed on Mac Mini Late 2012.

I have external Samsung T5 SSD 500GB with Windows 10 cloned from existing installed OS using EaseUS Partition Master.

When I connect this SSD to MacBook Air, and then restart Mac while holding Option button, I get screen with option of selecting MacOS disk or EFI Boot. I select EFI Boot and be able to easily use Windows 10.

However, when I try same steps on Mac Mini, it do show me Windows blue logo and loader spinning. After 4-5 seconds, black screen for a second and then OS X loads up.

But if I try to run Windows 10 in safe mode, then it work fine on Mac Mini but now now can't connect to internet or cannot run few of the softwares.

Please help me in resolving this issue.

Posted on May 17, 2022 12:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 4:32 AM

Most likely the issues are drivers. When booting safe mode, only very generic drivers are loaded. You will likely need to reinstall drivers specific for the MacMini. There is also the likely hood that the only Bootcamp drivers available for the 2012 are only Win7 compatible.

Similar questions

2 replies

Fail to boot Windows 10 from external SSD on Mac Mini Late 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.