Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacement ipad

I got the replacement iPad but did not get the engravement that was on the original.I was told it would be on it. What do I do now?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 17, 2022 2:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 3:26 AM

To my knowledge, iPad’s that are “replaced” as a warranty repair, or under the Applecare+ programme, are exchanged for a reconditioned device of the same model and specification; exchanges are not personalised with custom engraving.

Apple only supplies personalised/engraved product direct from manufacture. Unless your iPad has been replaced with a completely new item, engraving will not be available. As such, if you require your device to be engraved, you’ll need to arrange this with a third-party. Be aware that being non-standard, this alteration may of itself cause issues if you need to make a future warranty claim.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2022 3:26 AM in response to Karwats2

To my knowledge, iPad’s that are “replaced” as a warranty repair, or under the Applecare+ programme, are exchanged for a reconditioned device of the same model and specification; exchanges are not personalised with custom engraving.

Apple only supplies personalised/engraved product direct from manufacture. Unless your iPad has been replaced with a completely new item, engraving will not be available. As such, if you require your device to be engraved, you’ll need to arrange this with a third-party. Be aware that being non-standard, this alteration may of itself cause issues if you need to make a future warranty claim.

Replacement ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.