Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

crack screen on engraved ipad

Hello, I received an ipad as a gift, it's engraved on the back. It recently cracked and I am covered to get it replaced and what not but I'm afraid they'll just give me a new one and I won't have the one that's engraved. Does anyone know if apple will engrave my ipad again?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 11:38 AM

No, they won't.

Engraving is a custom option at the time of an online purchase ONLY.

Apple stores ONLY do in/out of warranty device replacements to expedite speedy, quick customer service.

Apple and Apple Stores DO NOT repair iPads and will NOT be able to engrave, in store, a replacement iPad.

There is NO engraving equipment in Apple Store locations to do such device engraving.

Sorry & Good Luck to You!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2021 11:38 AM in response to florencia292

No, they won't.

Engraving is a custom option at the time of an online purchase ONLY.

Apple stores ONLY do in/out of warranty device replacements to expedite speedy, quick customer service.

Apple and Apple Stores DO NOT repair iPads and will NOT be able to engrave, in store, a replacement iPad.

There is NO engraving equipment in Apple Store locations to do such device engraving.

Sorry & Good Luck to You!

crack screen on engraved ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.