You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Wallet expires boarding passes as soon as they as added

Every time I add my United boarding passes to my Apple Wallet, they appear expired and add the date 1969 to the flight.

They are correct in the United app, but will always show as expired in Apple Wallet.

Help!

Posted on May 17, 2022 4:37 AM

2 replies

May 18, 2022 7:29 AM in response to Redeyedvireo

Hello Redeyedvireo,

If you haven't already, make sure your iPhone software is updated then check for updates to your apps as updating can resolve many odd issues. Be sure to back up your iPhone before updating. Here are some guides to help:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How to manually update apps on your Apple device

If the behavior continues, are you able to edit the date after adding the boarding pass to the Wallet app? Also, check to make sure "Automatic Updates" is turned on so the pass can receive updates from the app (issuer). Those steps and more can be found here: Manage your passes in Wallet on iPhone

Let us know how it goes.

Take care.

Apple Wallet expires boarding passes as soon as they as added

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.