Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP MULTICAM EDITING -Changing audio after the multi cam edit

Hello,

I am stuck in a frustrating problem. I recently finished editing 1.30 hours of Multicam edit. Later I received better quality audio and wanted to replace it with the edit. I followed a few things online and later added another angle with the new good sound and then synced it with the monitor and deleted the old bad audio angle. Now when I play the clip in the compound mode (where I can see all 4 tracks) the new audio seems fine but the moment I come out of the compound clip into the main timeline, it still plays the old bad audio? I just deleted the bad audio angle and yet the main timeline continues to play from that bad audio track! Why isn't the clip using the new synced good audio? am I missing something?

Thank

Irfan

Posted on May 17, 2022 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 11:53 AM

Hi , thanks for the help . This was my first Multi cam and I may have overlooked some

basic steps . While starting the edit I should have secured the master clip with the assigned audio role to the relevant audio angle . I missed that step, instead I was switching between different angles that was cutting both the video and it’s corresponding audio. All I had to do to sort this was to select the clip , right click and assign audio to the one I want.

thanks

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2022 11:53 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hi , thanks for the help . This was my first Multi cam and I may have overlooked some

basic steps . While starting the edit I should have secured the master clip with the assigned audio role to the relevant audio angle . I missed that step, instead I was switching between different angles that was cutting both the video and it’s corresponding audio. All I had to do to sort this was to select the clip , right click and assign audio to the one I want.

thanks

FCP MULTICAM EDITING -Changing audio after the multi cam edit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.