Multicam audio not working

FCPX 10.6.3

I'm new to multicam and I'm 9 scenes into a 10-scene play with 3 camera angles. I've been editing one scene at a time. All of a sudden, on scene 9, when I go to multicam, no audio. (To prep for scene 9, I added 3 additional videos for 6 angles total.) In Editor mode, all the audio is there, no problems. But in Multicam, the audio track is not shown below the clip. I've clicked on "audio roles" about 5 different places and all it says is "edit roles". If I click on video roles, it gives me options. What's going on?

Note the lack of the audio button in the inspector:

Again, only edit. Also, no audio below the clip.

Monitoring Angle set for video and audio:

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on May 18, 2023 10:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2023 1:27 AM

It is possible that accidentally the Source Media could have been set to "Video Only" when you dragged the clip to the timeline.

Try this: select the multicam clip in the project timeline, press Shift-F to Reveal in Browser, make sure it is set to "All" and drag the browser selection over the clip in the timeline and choose Replace.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2023 1:27 AM in response to theshummer

It is possible that accidentally the Source Media could have been set to "Video Only" when you dragged the clip to the timeline.

Try this: select the multicam clip in the project timeline, press Shift-F to Reveal in Browser, make sure it is set to "All" and drag the browser selection over the clip in the timeline and choose Replace.

May 19, 2023 5:24 PM in response to theshummer

Welcome to FCP! You would likely benefit from a couple free tutorials that are highly recommended here for new FCP users.

60 minute FCP tutorial from Steve at Ripple https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqUP7Zgeuck

Izzy Video tutorials. Slightly older so the UI looks different but the concepts are still correct. https://youtu.be/_jvyrnQpR1E?list=PLp5SAgbM8S87n1qvv34-PAU2zMHLlXyfb

Multicam audio not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.