You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is everyone else having compatibility issues with the M1 Max macbook pro?

I'm constantly having compatibility issues and glitches when I bought the new macbook pro with the M1 max vs. the previous macbook pro with the intel processor. Is anyone else experiencing problems? I assume so but just curious of how prevalent it is?

Posted on May 17, 2022 5:55 AM

9 replies

May 17, 2022 6:07 AM in response to Kdwhite67

There is a whole world of potential incompatibilities, exactly what are you experiencing problems with?

Assistance cannot be offered if there are no details concerning your issue or issues.

If you mean just in general, well ... yes. But that's a way of life with all computers of all brands and platforms.

May 17, 2022 6:14 AM in response to ku4hx

It is in general because it seems like I encounter problems daily that I don't have with my other macbook pro with the Intel processor. It's very frustrating. I work daily in photoshop and in capture one. One example. In capture one you cannot Save for web. You get a message Could not complete this operation. A write permissions error has occurred.

May 17, 2022 6:16 AM in response to Kdwhite67

Absolutely no issues whatsoever with my MacBook Pro M1 2021. There was one minor issue and that was the Logitech MX Master 3 mouse I bought with the MBP, would connect, but the Options app which makes the mouse programmable isn't compatible with M1 Silicone, so I bought the Apple Magic Mouse instead and all is good with everything else.

I just read your second response. I'm not having any save issues with Photoshop.

May 17, 2022 7:49 AM in response to Kdwhite67

That specific problem is not M1 compatibility issue at all.

It is caused by trying to save into a directory where you do not have permissions to place your files, such as at Top-level on the drive, or into the directory where the Adobe application is loaded from.

Re: limits exceeded

Even the most prolific posters here are required to wait a few minutes between posts.

Is everyone else having compatibility issues with the M1 Max macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.