Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External TV connected with HDMI no longer recognized after update to Monterey 12.4

Hi, just upgraded my Mac Mini (2018) to Monterey 12.4. I've always used the Mini connected to my Sony television withouth any problems. But now the TV no longer gets a signal from the Mini. Looks like the external monitor problems are back with another update. Anyone else have this problem?

Mac mini, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 17, 2022 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 8:09 AM

i also use my mac to mirror videos and such to my TV. i updated from 12.3.1 to 12.4 yesterday. after reading your question, i checked to see if i could still mirror to the TV. it is still working today. i think that in your situation, you should reset the mac's SMC as well as do a NVRAM / PRAM reset. please see these two apple support documents:

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2022 8:09 AM in response to Rik Vandereng

i also use my mac to mirror videos and such to my TV. i updated from 12.3.1 to 12.4 yesterday. after reading your question, i checked to see if i could still mirror to the TV. it is still working today. i think that in your situation, you should reset the mac's SMC as well as do a NVRAM / PRAM reset. please see these two apple support documents:

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

External TV connected with HDMI no longer recognized after update to Monterey 12.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.