Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Solution: A1016 Apple Wireless Keyboard - pairing with bluetooth (macOS Monterey)

This is not a question, but rather an answer to confirm that you can connect the Apple A1016 wireless keyboard.

Please follow the steps below:

1.) open Terminal and Copy & Paste the next Steps in the Terminal

2.) /bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)"

3.) brew install blueutil

4.) blueutil --pair [Mac adress] 0000

5.) Then (after 5-10 seconds), I typed 0000 on the numbers above the alphabetical keyboard, and pressed 'Return' (also on the main keyboard). I tried 0000 and 'Enter' on the numeric keypad first and that did not work. That got me paired, then I still had to go into the bluetooth settings in the GUI and select the keyboard and 'Connect'.

Source: macos - Impossible to pair Apple Wireless Keyboard M9270LL/A after update to Monterey 12.0.1 - Ask Different (stackexchange.com)

Posted on May 17, 2022 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 6:51 AM

Good afternoon from suny and hot Spain!!

Interesting your instructions but I have a doubt with regards to point 5. In which keyboard should I type 0000, on the A1016 wireless KB or in the other external KB I used to type point 4 in Terminal.? Thank you.

7 replies

May 21, 2022 11:34 AM in response to PatchworkBoy87

Thank you and yes, I have the MAC address (00:0a:95:3e:c5:70) See I have 3 kb's now: 1) the one I'm using now, a Microsoft one which I'm fed up with, 2) the A1016 KB which I've had for a long time but in the closet, and 3) the MacBook Pro internal kb which I hardly use and I want to replace the Microsoft one. So at this moment I have the three of them and trying to pair the A1016 and put in the closet the Microsoft one.

Solution: A1016 Apple Wireless Keyboard - pairing with bluetooth (macOS Monterey)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.