Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In the past, Siri used to work without the Internet. Now, after talking, it works only with the Internet.

Hi Experts,

Siri before updating to iOS 15.5 (An update posted a few days ago) was working even without internet... Now that you have updated. Siri asks to be online and only works with the internet. It does not work without the Internet as before

My phone type: iPhone XS Max - I searched on YouTube and Google and did a lot of steps and it didn't solve the problem

Thanks,

Mohamed - YouTube Help Community Expert.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on May 17, 2022 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2022 6:33 AM

Hi all,

Status: The problem has been resolved - For anyone with the same issue, this is the solution that fixed my issue:

1. Open Siri Settings, and change the language to another language, such as Arabic.
  2. Exit settings and enter again and set it back to English as it was.

Then you'll look a bit and leave your phone connected to the Wi-Fi until Siri downloads the file that makes it work offline (the file that Siri downloads, it downloads automatically without any intervention from you).

Cause of the problem: It is when you turn off your phone completely and turn it back on. this problem appears, I also tried it again and turned off my phone completely and the problem appeared for sure. But I solved it the way I explained above.

Thanks,

Mohamed

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2022 6:33 AM in response to MohamedHamdy_YT

Hi all,

Status: The problem has been resolved - For anyone with the same issue, this is the solution that fixed my issue:

1. Open Siri Settings, and change the language to another language, such as Arabic.
  2. Exit settings and enter again and set it back to English as it was.

Then you'll look a bit and leave your phone connected to the Wi-Fi until Siri downloads the file that makes it work offline (the file that Siri downloads, it downloads automatically without any intervention from you).

Cause of the problem: It is when you turn off your phone completely and turn it back on. this problem appears, I also tried it again and turned off my phone completely and the problem appeared for sure. But I solved it the way I explained above.

Thanks,

Mohamed

In the past, Siri used to work without the Internet. Now, after talking, it works only with the Internet.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.