Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What OS can I install on my old iMac (2011)?

My old iMac (2011)

crashed and I have restored all of my important files and a reboot. But I have no OS to open them. I will buy a new iMac soon but is there any way I can download an appropriate OS to keep me going for a few more days ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 17, 2022 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2022 4:09 AM

Restart computer and immediately Hold the three key combination Command + Option + r.

This will require a functional Internet Connection and best results is via Ethernet Cable to Router.

The above command will be Internet Recovery Mode and a spinning Globe will be presented.

Depending on the Internet Speed of your connection and the Speed of the Apple Servers - this can take some time before it is fully loaded.

Option will be presented and choose Reinstall macOS.

Follow the prompts

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2022 4:09 AM in response to CodyMaya13

Restart computer and immediately Hold the three key combination Command + Option + r.

This will require a functional Internet Connection and best results is via Ethernet Cable to Router.

The above command will be Internet Recovery Mode and a spinning Globe will be presented.

Depending on the Internet Speed of your connection and the Speed of the Apple Servers - this can take some time before it is fully loaded.

Option will be presented and choose Reinstall macOS.

Follow the prompts

What OS can I install on my old iMac (2011)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.