Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Large Video Files Missing From DCIM Folder When Connected To Windows PC

I am unable to copy large(>4GB) video files from my Iphone to my PC. I do not want to use Icloud or any other non local backup. I use to have no problem transferring photos and videos, so I am guessing it is something in a recent update that has messed it up.

I can see the video on my phone, I can watch it, edit it and more. However I am unable to see it on my windows 10 PC in the DCIM folder. All my other photos and videos show up as normal, just my very large ones seem to be missing now.

What is the solution to transferring large videos to PC?

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on May 18, 2022 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2022 7:12 AM

Hello Aodgizmo,

There are a few ways to transfer data, such as videos from your iPhone to your PC. Apple offers some support for this task. Take a look at the steps here: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support. You'll want to follow the guidance listed under the section labeled "Import to your Windows PC."

You can also find more support for this process here: Transfer files between iPhone and your computer - Apple Support.

We hope this information helps you out.

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2022 7:12 AM in response to Aodgizmo

Hello Aodgizmo,

There are a few ways to transfer data, such as videos from your iPhone to your PC. Apple offers some support for this task. Take a look at the steps here: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support. You'll want to follow the guidance listed under the section labeled "Import to your Windows PC."

You can also find more support for this process here: Transfer files between iPhone and your computer - Apple Support.

We hope this information helps you out.

Cheers!

May 19, 2022 9:02 AM in response to genieen16

Not sure what the problem was, I tried again today and the files showed up in the DCIM folder like they normally do.

No idea why they were not showing up yesterday, I tried for hours doing many different things to try and make them appear to no avail. Tried Itunes, tried to copy them to my files and pull them with itunes, tried moving them to documents on the Iphone and than pull from Itunes...all failed.

Any idea why they might not show up some times, I was completely stumped...but at least it is working now, thanks for the help though!

Large Video Files Missing From DCIM Folder When Connected To Windows PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.