Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 11 has been hacked

My daughter’s iPhone 11 has been hacked by my relative. He says he can see through the camera and what im surfing on Internet

iPhone 11

Posted on May 18, 2022 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2022 7:42 PM

lajwanthi wrote:

My daughter’s iPhone 11 has been hacked by my relative. He says he can see through the camera and what im surfing on Internet

Your relative is both manipulative, and is very likely also lying.

Or has just admitted to what is usually considered a crime in most jurisdictions, in the unlikely event that they succeeded.

More to the point, cameras don’t show web browsing history, and screen sharing activity is obvious:

Share your screen in FaceTime on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Your relative will likely continue to use words and acts intended to intimidate, and to manipulate. Not to hack your iPhone, but to hack you yourself; to change your perceptions, to cause fear and concerns, and trigger strong reactions. Your relative will unlikely be able to provide any evidence of the purported compromise if requested too, but will undoubtedly bluster.

While not having “hacked” your device, your relative might have access to your Apple ID password and/or iPhone passcode and/or maybe Wi-Fi router or other gear, so I’d suggest tightening your security. Hacks are uncommon. Password compromises including through password reuse or weak or known passwords tends to be more common.

Start here:

https://help.apple.com/pdf/personal-safety/en_US/personal-safety-user-guide.pdf

For some of the common sorts of scams, as well as a particular type of scam that may arise here:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sextortion

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2022 7:42 PM in response to lajwanthi

lajwanthi wrote:

Your relative is both manipulative, and is very likely also lying.

Or has just admitted to what is usually considered a crime in most jurisdictions, in the unlikely event that they succeeded.

More to the point, cameras don’t show web browsing history, and screen sharing activity is obvious:

Share your screen in FaceTime on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Your relative will likely continue to use words and acts intended to intimidate, and to manipulate. Not to hack your iPhone, but to hack you yourself; to change your perceptions, to cause fear and concerns, and trigger strong reactions. Your relative will unlikely be able to provide any evidence of the purported compromise if requested too, but will undoubtedly bluster.

While not having “hacked” your device, your relative might have access to your Apple ID password and/or iPhone passcode and/or maybe Wi-Fi router or other gear, so I’d suggest tightening your security. Hacks are uncommon. Password compromises including through password reuse or weak or known passwords tends to be more common.

Start here:

https://help.apple.com/pdf/personal-safety/en_US/personal-safety-user-guide.pdf

For some of the common sorts of scams, as well as a particular type of scam that may arise here:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sextortion

May 18, 2022 6:54 PM in response to lajwanthi

lajwanthi Said:

"My iPhone 11 has been hacked: My daughter’s iPhone 11 has been hacked by my relative. He says he can see through the camera and what im surfing on Internet"

-------

Restore to Factory Settings:

If you are so concerned, then reset your iPhone to factory settings. Perform as instructed here, including the backup: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

My iPhone 11 has been hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.