Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to watch a show on the Apple TV app.

I got Apple TV free for 3 months with my new iPhone. After the trial. I continued at around $5 a month. I’m trying to watch a show but it says “How to watch” and won’t start the show?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

FireTVStick(Gen2),

Posted on May 18, 2022 6:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2022 12:48 AM

It sounds like you are either:

• not signed in on Fire TV with the Apple ID account that has the active subscription,
  • or you selected content that is not part of Apple TV+, and you are now asked to subscribe to a different content provider, or buy the show from the iTunes Store.

2. On Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and Sony TV devices, you can't purchase content from the Apple TV app. You can buy, rent, or subscribe on another supported device and then watch in the Apple TV app on your Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, or Sony TV device. [1]
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2022 12:48 AM in response to applesupport3524

It sounds like you are either:

• not signed in on Fire TV with the Apple ID account that has the active subscription,
  • or you selected content that is not part of Apple TV+, and you are now asked to subscribe to a different content provider, or buy the show from the iTunes Store.

2. On Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and Sony TV devices, you can't purchase content from the Apple TV app. You can buy, rent, or subscribe on another supported device and then watch in the Apple TV app on your Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, or Sony TV device. [1]

Unable to watch a show on the Apple TV app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.