Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro to Android Bluetooth Connection fails

Trying to use my phone as a mouse primarily. I've tried a couple of apps, but there's a problem holding a connection between my updated MacBook Pro and updated Pixel 5a.

They seem to connect for a moment, then immediately disconnect. Sometimes the MacBook will show it's connected while the Pixel says it's not.

I've tried restarting Bluetooth on both devices, forgetting and adding each again. Whenever I add again is when it initially shows that it's connected for a second. But once the MacBook shows as an established device on my phone, the phone has a button to Connect that does nothing at all when selected.

I've tried Bluetooth File Exchange to see if that worked, and it gave me an error as well.

Posted on May 19, 2022 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2022 2:04 PM

I have a Bluetooth mouse I typically use, I just don't have it with me or the access to buy another at the moment. Not that I need to justify my reasoning, but the apps I'm looking at are meant to have more functions than a mouse alone; it's not really equivalent.

Thanks for your insight, but I'm not very appreciative of the dismissive attitude.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2022 2:04 PM in response to lobsterghost1

I have a Bluetooth mouse I typically use, I just don't have it with me or the access to buy another at the moment. Not that I need to justify my reasoning, but the apps I'm looking at are meant to have more functions than a mouse alone; it's not really equivalent.

Thanks for your insight, but I'm not very appreciative of the dismissive attitude.

MacBook Pro to Android Bluetooth Connection fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.