Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover UNSAVED video

I was out at a concert and while I was recording a video, my iPhone stopped filming without me realising and notified me that my phone had ran out of storage.

However, the video did not save at all, not even up until the point it ran out of storage. All I’m left with is a grey square with a time stamp of 0:00 from where the video would have been.

Is there any way I can recover this video that didn’t properly save? Or is it gone forever because of the lack of storage on my device? I really don’t want to lose that video!!

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on May 19, 2022 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2022 10:10 PM

If you were recording the video using the Camera app AND the video does not appear in the Photos app, then check the Recently Deleted Album. If the video is not there then it is gone and cannot be recovered.

Axel F.

3 replies

May 19, 2022 10:33 PM in response to A-Problematic-User

Robertsms Said:

"Sms pictures: sms, i have lost a lot of my pictures in communication With people. I have enough with memory, but cab someone help me what i can so to restore the pictures?"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

For reference...

Troubleshooting Lost Videos:

Loss of data is something you would have agreed to upon opening an Apple Account. So, if the following does not work, then they are gone. That's just the way is is.

Four Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud Directly:

See if they reside in iCloud Photos. Log in here: https://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Use a Time Machine Backup:

Did you backup your Mac, recently? If so, then restore your Mac from that. You'd backup you Mac prior to doing so, and then restore your data from the backup you just created, through use of Migration Assistant.

D. Where Else to Check:

• PC
  • PDA
  • eMail
  • Mac Device
  • Cloud Storage
  • Android Phone
  • USB Flash Drive
  • External Hard drive
  • Secure Digital Card
  • Compact Flash Card

May 19, 2022 10:34 PM in response to A-Problematic-User

Robertsms Said:

"Sms pictures: sms, i have lost a lot of my pictures in communication With people. I have enough with memory, but cab someone help me what i can so to restore the pictures?"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Clear Space:

Having little empty space can heat things up. So, here is what to perform...

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also...

C. Clear "Other":

1. Clear the storages named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.

Recover UNSAVED video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.