Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

May apple TV chow model A1379, which model is this model 2 or 3,

• My apple TV chow model A1379, which model is this model 2 or 3? I upgraded and now it does not start, it is permanently with the apple brand logo on the tv screen, I have already tried to restore it through the PC with the usb cable without success, if I put it only with the usb cable in a few seconds the led flashes quickly, if I put it with the power cable it also flashes slowly, I am trying to use AnyFix ios recorvery without success, I did not find a remote control equal to the one on the internet my ai I decided to use AnyFix but the remote control they show is differen from mine. I don's know what to do, maybe someone could help. thank you so much

Posted on May 19, 2022 6:39 PM

8 replies

May 20, 2022 6:28 AM in response to Tridoros

upgrade and it gave this bug

If it fails to start up properly, then you can try to restore the system software as described. Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

• Use a USB cable that supports data transfer. Some charging USB cables may not be supported.
  • The Apple TV (2nd generation) should not be powered on its own during restore. It gets enough power through the USB cable.

do you think you can go back to the original version with AnyFix ios System Recovery

I would recommend against using tools from third party developers for this. I do not know what that tool can and can’t do. Please use the official method.

It is possible that this old unit has hardware faults (e.g. disk errors) that can’t be helped with fresh software.

May 20, 2022 6:02 AM in response to Tridoros

A1379 is not a version or model for Apple TV. Not version 2, not version 3. It is a different type of device.

Apple TV models can have model number A1218, A1378, A1427, A1469, A1625, A1842, or A2169. Could it be that you misread it from A1378? A1378 is the number for Apple TV (2nd generation).

Apple TV would not show in Disk Utility. Apple TV may show in the iTunes application (PC or Mac w/ macOS 10.14 or earlier). Apple TV may show in the sidebar of a Finder window (Mac w/ macOS 10.15 or later). Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

Apple TV (2nd generation) from 2010 and has had its last update in 2014 (Apple TV software v6.2.1). It is no longer supported: What works may keep working, but what doesn’t work anymore won’t get fixed.

May apple TV chow model A1379, which model is this model 2 or 3,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.