Apple Tv

Hi- the light is on the little unit but can’t get it to come on properly. I have charged the remote and disconnected the cable and put it back in. I can’t get the screen to come on to do a reset- any ideas please?

Apple TV HD, 16

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 7:12 AM

Hello Ma55ie,

It sounds like either the HDMI cable is not working or you're on the wrong TV Input. I'd suggest checking the input before assuming the cable is the problem.

On the side of your TV, where you're plugging in the HDMI cable, there should be a number near (above/under) it. This is the input. On your TV or on the TV remove, there should be an input button to switch between the inputs.

Are you on the right input?

If yes and you're still not seeing the Apple TV, I'd try a different HDMI cable or test the HDMI cable with another product and see if it's working!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2023 7:12 AM in response to Ma55ie

Hello Ma55ie,

It sounds like either the HDMI cable is not working or you're on the wrong TV Input. I'd suggest checking the input before assuming the cable is the problem.

On the side of your TV, where you're plugging in the HDMI cable, there should be a number near (above/under) it. This is the input. On your TV or on the TV remove, there should be an input button to switch between the inputs.

Are you on the right input?

If yes and you're still not seeing the Apple TV, I'd try a different HDMI cable or test the HDMI cable with another product and see if it's working!

Apple Tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.