Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What to do when your iPhone X is stuck on red battery mode?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on May 19, 2022 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2022 7:26 PM

Which red battery?

This one red means that it's under 20%, but have have the charge symbol in the center if it's charging.

If you see this, it means that it went into auto shutoff mode at some point and needs a charge in order to restart, and it's connected to power. Ironically if it's not connected to power it will show a Lightning connector and an arrow suggesting connecting to power. I've seen it like this where it didn't power fully on until it was at about 12% maybe.

However, another possibility is that it's connected to power, but the battery is completely dead and not actually charging. In that case there could be any number of things including damage to the logic board or just a completely dead battery that won't charge. I haven't seen that with an iPhone, but it looked like that on an iPad I had with a completely gone battery whenever it was connected to power.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2022 7:26 PM in response to babygirl_cea

Which red battery?

This one red means that it's under 20%, but have have the charge symbol in the center if it's charging.

If you see this, it means that it went into auto shutoff mode at some point and needs a charge in order to restart, and it's connected to power. Ironically if it's not connected to power it will show a Lightning connector and an arrow suggesting connecting to power. I've seen it like this where it didn't power fully on until it was at about 12% maybe.

However, another possibility is that it's connected to power, but the battery is completely dead and not actually charging. In that case there could be any number of things including damage to the logic board or just a completely dead battery that won't charge. I haven't seen that with an iPhone, but it looked like that on an iPad I had with a completely gone battery whenever it was connected to power.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.