Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi only occasionally working

Hi there. 

I have a iPhone 7 with IOS 15.3.1

My IPhone seems to loose the Wi-Fi connection after a while and not be able to find it (or any other Wi-Fi) again until you turn phone off and back on again. 

Generally if I turn the phone off then on again the Wi-Fi settings will turn on and find all the signals around and connect. It can stay working for a day or two if you don’t leave the Wi-Fi range of your router.

However if you leave the range then it often (but not always) looses the ability to see Wi-Fi signals even though it says it’s turned on. If you try and turn the Wi-Fi off (on the phone) it turns itself back on straight away and still doesn’t work. 

If you turn the Wi-Fi off after turning the phone on and wait a few hours then try and turn it on again it turns itself off straight away too. 

I have reset the Network settings and that didn’t work. I then tried doing a back up and factory reset and that didn’t work either. 

I’m thinking this is a software issue and am worried that if I have to buy a new phone (last resort) that the problem might transfer. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated.

iPhone 7

Posted on May 20, 2022 1:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2022 1:42 AM

Reading the basic troubleshooting steps you already performed (to no avail), the only step I can recommend is to update your iOS to the latest version (now 15.5), then force restart your device as per these instructions:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support.

If the issue still persists, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2022 1:42 AM in response to Anaru87

Reading the basic troubleshooting steps you already performed (to no avail), the only step I can recommend is to update your iOS to the latest version (now 15.5), then force restart your device as per these instructions:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support.

If the issue still persists, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Wi-Fi only occasionally working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.