Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete an icon from menu bar; ⌘ - drag does not work

This concerns the Deepl translator desktop app. I cannot contact them unless I become a paying subscriber and I do not want to do that, so I am hoping someone here can advise me.

I tried the Deepl translator desktop app. I don't want it any more. When I quit it, and try to delete it from the App Folder, I get an alert saying it is open and can't be deleted. I thought maybe it had something to do with the menu bar icon it placed at the top of the screen so I tried to delete that by ⌘- dragging it off. But the no-can-do circle with the diagonal bar appears on it and it snaps back to the bar.

Any idea how I can delete the app and/or get rid of the menu bar icon.

late 2015 iMac running 10.13.6.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 20, 2022 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2022 7:38 AM

https://support.deepl.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407741925778-Desktop-app-doesn-t-work

For Mac:

On Mac devices, you can delete apps from Launchpad or the Finder. Please consult Apple Support for further assistance.

Please note that before uninstalling the app, you should quit it by clicking on the DeepL icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen.

Try Right Click the iCon in Menu Bar and perhaps a Sub-Menus will appear and if so, choose Quit

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2022 7:38 AM in response to bookmanjb

https://support.deepl.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407741925778-Desktop-app-doesn-t-work

For Mac:

On Mac devices, you can delete apps from Launchpad or the Finder. Please consult Apple Support for further assistance.

Please note that before uninstalling the app, you should quit it by clicking on the DeepL icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen.

Try Right Click the iCon in Menu Bar and perhaps a Sub-Menus will appear and if so, choose Quit

delete an icon from menu bar; ⌘ - drag does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.