Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OK to leave my iPhone plugged in all the time when I'm at home?

It is OK to leave my iPhone plugged in to a charger all the time when I'm at home? Google search on this question turns up a lot of confusing and contradictory information. Is there an Apple support page that gives an unambiguous answer to this question? The Apple support page on maximizing battery performance doesn't seem to address this question, or at least I can't find it. Thanks.

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

iPhone XR

Posted on May 20, 2022 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2022 11:12 AM

I guess I didn't explain my question very well. I want to know if leaving my iPhone plugged in for 12 or 16 hours every day will harm the battery in any way. That's my question. I welcome anyone's knowledge about this issue, and I'm especially interested in what Apple Support has to say on this question. Thanks!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2022 11:12 AM in response to muguy

I guess I didn't explain my question very well. I want to know if leaving my iPhone plugged in for 12 or 16 hours every day will harm the battery in any way. That's my question. I welcome anyone's knowledge about this issue, and I'm especially interested in what Apple Support has to say on this question. Thanks!

OK to leave my iPhone plugged in all the time when I'm at home?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.