Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch update 8.6 draining watch battery

Apple Watch 8.6 draining my battery. After my watch updated it doesn’t stay charged through the whole day. Never had this issue before the update

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on May 20, 2022 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2022 2:23 PM

After every update there are a few reports of battery problems. Most don't experience them. These often resolve themselves in a couple of days. You can also try powering your watch down. Push and hold the side button (not the digital crown) unit you see the Power Off option. Wait a few minutes, then power the watch back up by pushing and holding the side button until the white Apple logo appears.

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2022 2:23 PM in response to Justmytwocentz

After every update there are a few reports of battery problems. Most don't experience them. These often resolve themselves in a couple of days. You can also try powering your watch down. Push and hold the side button (not the digital crown) unit you see the Power Off option. Wait a few minutes, then power the watch back up by pushing and holding the side button until the white Apple logo appears.

Jul 21, 2022 9:37 AM in response to Pete4141

Pete4141 wrote:

I am having the same problem after seeing I had version 8.6. Fully charged my watch overnight, battery health is at 89%. From 6am to now 9am I am at 72%. I haven't used it for anything minus checking the time. I have turned off app refresh, limited a ton of things, and can't even make it through 1/2 a day without it dying. Unpaired, repaired, restored from backup, nothing fixes it. If I use it to track an hour workout first thing in the morning, I am at 50% by 8am. FIX THIS APPLE

Apple can't fix it unless you notify them you're having a problem. You can use the "Get Support" link at the top right of every page of these forums or here:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Often, diagnostics can be done remotely.

May 31, 2022 10:44 AM in response to Justmytwocentz

Same here. Since WatchOS 8.6 my AW 5 faces a significant battery drain, even when using the most plain watchfaces without any complications. It used to last from 7:45 am to 1:30 am (next night), but now it seems to drain completely before 9 pm without additional charge in between. Moreover, I noticed that the drain is not constant; it might lose 2-3 percent in one hour, and 7-8% in the next hour without any change in my activities during these hours. It clearly is an update issue.

Jul 21, 2022 9:20 AM in response to Justmytwocentz

I am having the same problem after seeing I had version 8.6. Fully charged my watch overnight, battery health is at 89%. From 6am to now 9am I am at 72%. I haven't used it for anything minus checking the time. I have turned off app refresh, limited a ton of things, and can't even make it through 1/2 a day without it dying. Unpaired, repaired, restored from backup, nothing fixes it. If I use it to track an hour workout first thing in the morning, I am at 50% by 8am. FIX THIS APPLE

Apple Watch update 8.6 draining watch battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.