Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

People/ Faces in Photos not working correctly

When I click on People, I get 171 people. Those 171 people have faces. I can click on the face and get a summary or detail of that person's photos. That is how it should be. However a week ago it started acting up. When I click on People now, not all those 171 people have faces. And I am unable to merge people or move them so that they are in alphabetical order. Also, when I try to add a face to a photo and move the circle to the face it won't stay on the face, the circling moves back to the middle of the photo. I have tried several times to repair the photo library, but that doesn't help. Those problems keep occurring. I have also updated the software to the latest version. Still have the problem. Another problem that started occurring is that if I give a new photo a title, that title does not appear below the photo anymore, instead the file number remains. I have to copy and paste the title to the box below the photo.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 20, 2022 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2022 8:35 AM

It may take a while after a system upgrade, before all faces will appear again in the people album.

For a very large library it may take several weeks.

Have you already tried to use the command "Confirm additional faces" for each album of a person?

. Also, when I try to add a face to a photo and move the circle to the face it won't stay on the face, the circling moves back to the middle of the photo.

This problem has been around for a while. When this happens, click into the background of the photo, away from the face, to bring the focus back to the photo or close the Info.

You can also add the name by typing into the name field below the circle, and only then drag the circle to the correct place.

If this happens over and over again, restart Photos, and if it still not suffices restart the Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2022 8:35 AM in response to cooperwidman

It may take a while after a system upgrade, before all faces will appear again in the people album.

For a very large library it may take several weeks.

Have you already tried to use the command "Confirm additional faces" for each album of a person?

. Also, when I try to add a face to a photo and move the circle to the face it won't stay on the face, the circling moves back to the middle of the photo.

This problem has been around for a while. When this happens, click into the background of the photo, away from the face, to bring the focus back to the photo or close the Info.

You can also add the name by typing into the name field below the circle, and only then drag the circle to the correct place.

If this happens over and over again, restart Photos, and if it still not suffices restart the Mac.

People/ Faces in Photos not working correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.