Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing iCloud photos between different applid's

Is it possible to share phtotos from iCloud on two phones with different applid's? Meaning I want to share my iphone photos, my wife's iphone photos and our shared desktop which uses my applid.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 20, 2022 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2022 11:48 AM

There is no option to automatically share all photos but you can manually share photos, with or without using Family Sharing.

See: How to share albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple Support

Also see the following from Family Sharing - Apple

When you set up your family, a shared album is created automatically in the Photos app on all family members’ devices. Everyone can add photos, videos, and comments to the album whenever they like and get notified when something new is added. 

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2022 11:48 AM in response to jabischoff

There is no option to automatically share all photos but you can manually share photos, with or without using Family Sharing.

See: How to share albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple Support

Also see the following from Family Sharing - Apple

When you set up your family, a shared album is created automatically in the Photos app on all family members’ devices. Everyone can add photos, videos, and comments to the album whenever they like and get notified when something new is added. 

May 20, 2022 11:58 AM in response to jabischoff

No, you cannot share all your photos in iCloud between different AppleIDs.

But you can share all photos from an album using an iCloud Link.

• Select all photos from an album together.
  • Tap the Share button, then "Copy iCloud Link".
  • Now you can mail the link to the shared photos to your wife (and yourself) and she can see the shared photos as a folder on iCloud Drive.

Sharing the photos as an iCloud link will share them in the full resolution, while shared albums will only share them at a reduced quality. Using the iCloud Link you can import the photos in the full quality to your shared desktop computer.

Sharing iCloud photos between different applid's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.