Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Goofed up; need to change storage locations

When editing out in the field on a new external SSD, when I went to create my libraries, I forgot to set the storage location(s) to "In Library." So, FCP defaulted to storing the media in separate folders on the SSD, "outside" of the Library. (See: screen shots--media were put in separate folders on drive named "Extreme SSD.")

I know how to remedy this going forward, (Set the storage locations to "In Library" in the first place,) but...

Q: How do I roll the existing files into my projects? (I've already tried consolidating, and that didn't seem to do the trick.

Posted on May 20, 2022 9:36 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 20, 2022 9:55 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

I just right-clicked the Library and "consolidated." Regardless, I'd like the files wrapped into the Library like I do with all of my projects. I'm wanting to move this library to longterm storage, and I'd like the "original media," et. al. to go along with it.

So... how do I get the original files to live as package contents INSIDE the two libraries?

Thanks for your help, Tom!

Goofed up; need to change storage locations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.