Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freezing and Lagging of IPad Air after attached Combo Touch Keyboard

Does anyone experience the freezing and lagging of iPad when combo touch keyboard is attached?

I am using iPad Air 4th generation.

I tried reinstalling the firmware iOS and the update the keyboard firmware. It is still the same.

When I was using iOS 14.6, I do not have this problem. I got this problem after I update my iOS.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Please help.

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 20, 2022 10:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2022 10:26 PM

DunsChen Said:

"Freezing and Lagging of IPad Air after attached Combo Touch Keyboard: [...]When I was using iOS 14.6, I do not have this problem. I got this problem after I update my iOS. Does anyone have a solution for this? Please help."

-------

Troubleshooting a Lagging iPad:

System resources a likely being swallowed up, so to speak. So, start with clearing space. Try the following:

I. Cool Down the iPad:

For a few hours, perform the following...

• Power Off: the iPad for a bit
  • Unplug: any Cables
  • Place it Atop: Laptop Cooler
  • Keep it in: an open space
  • Keep it Out of: direct sunlight

II. Clear Space:

Having little empty space can heat things up. So, here is what to perform...

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also...

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named System Data (formerly called "Other"). It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time. Perform the same as instructed here, but on your iPad.: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2022 10:26 PM in response to DunsChen

DunsChen Said:

"Freezing and Lagging of IPad Air after attached Combo Touch Keyboard: [...]When I was using iOS 14.6, I do not have this problem. I got this problem after I update my iOS. Does anyone have a solution for this? Please help."

-------

Troubleshooting a Lagging iPad:

System resources a likely being swallowed up, so to speak. So, start with clearing space. Try the following:

I. Cool Down the iPad:

For a few hours, perform the following...

• Power Off: the iPad for a bit
  • Unplug: any Cables
  • Place it Atop: Laptop Cooler
  • Keep it in: an open space
  • Keep it Out of: direct sunlight

II. Clear Space:

Having little empty space can heat things up. So, here is what to perform...

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also...

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named System Data (formerly called "Other"). It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time. Perform the same as instructed here, but on your iPad.: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.

May 20, 2022 10:30 PM in response to DunsChen

DunsChen Said:

-------

Report this as a Bug to Apple:

Do your Part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all occurred after installing an update. Include the URL of this post.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Important: Did you create backup of you iPad, prior to the upgrade. Be certain to create backup your iPad prior to this update. That way, you can have something to restore your iPad from the backup, should anything go wrong afterwards.

Freezing and Lagging of IPad Air after attached Combo Touch Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.