Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downtime Turn On/Turn Off confusing

The Downtime Turn On/Turn Off is confusing to users.

When the status indicated Downtown On, it says for my kids "Allow XYZ to resume using their device." It seems when Downtime is On, you allow your kids to be on the devises?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 21, 2022 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 8:17 AM

DukeXM wrote:

When the status indicated Downtown On, it says for my kids "Allow XYZ to resume using their device." It seems when Downtime is On, you allow your kids to be on the devises?

See if there is anything here—

Manage downtime in Screen Time on Mac - Apple Support

Change Downtime preferences in Screen Time on Mac

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2022 8:17 AM in response to DukeXM

DukeXM wrote:

See if there is anything here—

Manage downtime in Screen Time on Mac - Apple Support

Change Downtime preferences in Screen Time on Mac

May 30, 2022 12:15 PM in response to DukeXM

No, you're right; it's totally confusing. "Downtime: On" means Downtime is scheduled and the device (should be) blocked. You can experiment with the schedule and see it turn on when the device should be blocked and off then it should be available. The button allows you to temporarily override the schedule without changing it, kind of like when you adjust the temperature on a digital thermostat without changing the schedule. It's also confusing because it often does not seem to work.

Downtime Turn On/Turn Off confusing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.