Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Account originally set up with a deleted email account

How can I access that old account and marry it with my new account? The company stopped supporting the email accounts and they are gone.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 21, 2022 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 11:18 PM

In that case you have an insurmountable problem. If you were to use the I forgot my password option, Apple sends an email to that address that take you through steps to get back into your account, but you obviously will no be able to read it.

As a remote possibility, you could try this link: https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid but I'm not optimistic that it will help you (I've never had t use it so I don't know exactly how it works). It mentions on that page that you will have to answer some security questions so that they can verify that you are the account owner.

I think you may have to abandon your old account and all the purchases you made with it and start your purchasing again on the new account that you have created.

May I suggest that you use a password manager app in order to keep track of your passwords, so that you don't have this issue again in the future?

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2022 11:18 PM in response to BonnieTN

In that case you have an insurmountable problem. If you were to use the I forgot my password option, Apple sends an email to that address that take you through steps to get back into your account, but you obviously will no be able to read it.

As a remote possibility, you could try this link: https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid but I'm not optimistic that it will help you (I've never had t use it so I don't know exactly how it works). It mentions on that page that you will have to answer some security questions so that they can verify that you are the account owner.

I think you may have to abandon your old account and all the purchases you made with it and start your purchasing again on the new account that you have created.

May I suggest that you use a password manager app in order to keep track of your passwords, so that you don't have this issue again in the future?

May 21, 2022 1:22 PM in response to BonnieTN

Your Apple ID is exactly that, an identification used by Apple. So you should be able to use that email address as your sign-on to Apple, even though the address itself is no longer in use. Once you've signed into that account, go to your account information and change your contact email address and user ID. I think iTunes may point you to appleid.apple.com

May 24, 2022 2:32 PM in response to BonnieTN

BonnieTN wrote:

I was hoping there was a workaround since Apple is so technologically advanced.

It would not be that technologically advanced if there was a workaround that would allow anyone to use it and bypass your password. After all, would you want me to gain access to your account and the things you've paid for; or to buy things that you don't want, but I then get free?

I'm a nice guy (so my mum tells me), but you'll have to take my word for it as I'm a complete stranger to you.

Account originally set up with a deleted email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.