Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch family set up Italy: possible

Is it possible to have an Apple watch for my kid set up as Family member linked to my IPhone? I read it was possible with Apple Watch SE, then discovered you needed it with GPS + Cellular. Now I was conisdering buying it but wanted to be sure that Family set up was functioning in Italy and each person I speak with in the call center give me a different opinion.....

Posted on May 21, 2022 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 10:19 AM

Here is what you need;

* A cellular plan isn't required to set up an Apple Watch for a family member, but is necessary for some features.

Set up Apple Watch for a family member

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2022 10:19 AM in response to elisabetta-b

Here is what you need;

* A cellular plan isn't required to set up an Apple Watch for a family member, but is necessary for some features.

Set up Apple Watch for a family member

May 22, 2022 5:42 AM in response to Community User

Thanks, that is what is written also in the Apple website pages in Italian (except they do not write that Apple Watch SE needs to be cellular....). My problem is, that if I try to buy it from my Iphone I find written in small lines that Family setup is not available in Italy, if I try on the web I do not find this advice and before buying it I want to be sure is will be working in ITALY. Does anybody living in ITALY tried to set it up for a Family member?

Apple watch family set up Italy: possible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.