Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV wont run on my MacBook Pro

I have an MacBook Pro, on which I am running Apple TV movies. I have paid to rent a movie, and noe it wont play becuase my Apple product is not HDCP compliant. I don't understand how the streaming service of Apple does not run on Apple products.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 21, 2022 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 1:59 PM

On what screen are you trying to display? Not all displays support HDCP. Especially adapters can be a source of incompatibility.

If you didn’t tamper with the insides of the notebook, then it would always be HDCP compliant on the internal screen. However, you can’t do screen recording/​screen sharing in hardware or in software while playing HDCP protected content.

Try playing without any peripherals attached.

Try playing without any other software running.

Try playing in Safe Mode.

Try playing in another Mac user account.

Else the error message itself might be in error. Then contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2022 1:59 PM in response to MrMacRobot

On what screen are you trying to display? Not all displays support HDCP. Especially adapters can be a source of incompatibility.

If you didn’t tamper with the insides of the notebook, then it would always be HDCP compliant on the internal screen. However, you can’t do screen recording/​screen sharing in hardware or in software while playing HDCP protected content.

Try playing without any peripherals attached.

Try playing without any other software running.

Try playing in Safe Mode.

Try playing in another Mac user account.

Else the error message itself might be in error. Then contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Apple TV wont run on my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.