Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone locking up

what can be done to stop the iPhone from locking up? I have an XR which works fine 90% of the time.

I have 1 app open which working fine and all of a sudden, my iPhone locks up.

The phone is around 90% charged and updated to version 15.4.1.

Is there a fix for this? My iPhone gets rebooted every 24-36 hours.

Very Frustrating!!

Regards,

cegarman

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on May 21, 2022 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2022 3:21 PM

Sure. As the battery degrades closer to the 80% capacity you can start to see more use issues like freezing and slowness. Lithium ion batteries are designed to retain use thru 80% capacity.

If you’ve been keeping the iOS and apps up to date, but have to restart or force restart more and more often it’s likely the battery. iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

You can also try a restore to factory settings using a computer to rule out a deeper software issue, first. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2022 3:21 PM in response to cegarman

Sure. As the battery degrades closer to the 80% capacity you can start to see more use issues like freezing and slowness. Lithium ion batteries are designed to retain use thru 80% capacity.

If you’ve been keeping the iOS and apps up to date, but have to restart or force restart more and more often it’s likely the battery. iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

You can also try a restore to factory settings using a computer to rule out a deeper software issue, first. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

May 22, 2022 1:28 PM in response to shoeluvr13

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reponse.

The locking or freezing occurs whether the iPhone is at full charge or at 10%.

Could you provide a bit more information as to why the battery at 80% Max Capacity would be the issue ? The iPhone has been locking up for approximately the last year of so. I've brought it now only because its getting to be a pain in the butt as it were.

I'm not sure the battery capacity being at anything but 100% would be the causation of this issue.

Regards,

Cegarman

iphone locking up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.