Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In app purchase/Gift card /Verification Required

So i have a $35 Gift card in my account and when i try to use it for in app purchases, games, podcasts, songs, etc it asks me to verify if i have a payment method, when i try to select the $35.18 in my account it brings me to a screen that says redeem or add money, i do not have an apple card or apple cash and i do not have a debit card at the moment but why should i need one if i have money on my account? It wont let me bypass or update it and its acting as if i do not have any money help please!!

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on May 21, 2022 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 12:53 PM

when i try to select the $35.18 in my account it brings me to a screen that says redeem or add money,

You can add the Apple gift card to your Apple ID balance, see the following Apple articles:

Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance - Apple Support (IN)

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple ID balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card – Apple Support (UK)

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2022 12:53 PM in response to AntwanSpiller25

when i try to select the $35.18 in my account it brings me to a screen that says redeem or add money,

You can add the Apple gift card to your Apple ID balance, see the following Apple articles:

Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance - Apple Support (IN)

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple ID balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card – Apple Support (UK)

Jun 25, 2022 3:29 PM in response to corgilvr

This does not answer the question.

Because you use multiple Apple ID.

If you use the same Apple ID, you don't need to move the money.

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

In app purchase/Gift card /Verification Required

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.